Miami Thrives Network - MTN
<<< Back to Our Programs
To Grow Vigorously: Flourish | To Gain in Wealth or Possessions : Prosper
To Progress Toward or Realize a Goal Despite of Because of Circumstances : Resilience
The Miami Poverty Reduction Network
Thanks to generous support from the Kresge Foundation, Catalyst Miami will facilitate a network of area nonprofits that will work together to seek and implement systemic solutions for reducing poverty in Miami-Dade County. The three year initiative began in the fall of 2011 and ends in the summer of 2014.
The network will seek to build civic leadership and engagement on three levels: individual, organizational and community. In the winter of 2012, we will select 10-12 partner organizations to guide the work and develop a larger coalition of stakeholder organizations and constituents to support the effort. Each partner organization will designate a lead representative to serve as a "Kresge Fellow".
- Create an antipoverty network
- Achieve policy victories
- Engage constituents in the movement
- Inform the field
The Network will:
- Share resources, experience, wisdom and relationships
- Facilitate opportunities for nonprofits and their constituents to work together
- Dissect fractured coalition approaches that leave so many critical actors disenfranchised
- Embrace informed, creative problem solving for collaboration and system change