OPEN POSITION: Capacity Building Program Manager
SUMMARY: The Capacity Building Program Manager directs and manages programs and communities of practice designed to strengthen nonprofit organizations, their leaders, and the local nonprofit infrastructure. In Partnership with The Children’s Trust (TCT), this position will manage a network of nonprofit community-based organizations (CBO) participating in TCT’s CBO Capacity Building Initiative.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overall responsibility for managing a community of practice network
- Serves as the liaison between Catalyst Miami and The Children’s Trust engaging in continuous, effective and clear communication, contact, and collaboration
- Develop content and materials in partnership with program experts, partners, and coaches
- Identify and secure content experts and coaches to present at various workshops and engagements
- Create and implement support structures and systems designed for program participants to ensure successful participation
- Monitor attendance and consistency within the program
- Build relationships with key partners including existing collaborators, and potential future partners
- Write, edit, and manage grant reports as appropriate to support the ongoing work
- Prepare and coordinate logistics as needed and appropriate for the project’s programming
- Travel locally for program-related workshops, engagements, and activities
- Prepare all supporting and administrative documentation for programming and financial reconciliation related to the program including purchase orders and reimbursements
- Collaborate with Operations Department and Catalyst Miami staff on other appropriate initiatives and programs as (deemed appropriate and mutually agreed upon with supervisor and/or the executive leadership team), including network building, advocacy, facilitation, and/or consulting
- Design adult learning experiences including workshops, coaching, and coordinating logistics
- Facilitate and manage various stakeholders and participants through workshops, learning sessions, networking engagements, and community of practice activities with expertise, confidence, and flexibility
- Coordinate various coaches and stakeholders including identifying subject matter experts and tracking sessions and hours completed
- Monitor coach performance to ensure effective support for CBOs
- Collect and report data on workshop sessions and coaches, and program participants
- This position does not directly supervise employees.
- Language: Professional working proficiency in oral and written English
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
- Certification or license: N/A
- Years of experience:
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office Suite and working knowledge of web-based platforms.
- Other skills required: Facilitation, Interest in working in a fast-paced and flexible organization, committed to the Miami community, nonprofit organizations, and their progress
- Promotes products and services
- Inspire & motivate
Leadership (Self & others)
- Team player and builder
- Develops talent (self and others)
- Articulates vision, understands and commits to the big picture
- Stable and calming influence
- Emotional intelligence
- Leads by example
- Open to feedback
- Effective Interpersonal Communicator
- Asset focused (as opposed to charity focused)
- Self aware
- Active listener
- Step out of comfort zone
Management (Self & others)
- Learning agility, comfortable with uncertainty, adaptable to sudden change
- Goal oriented, prioritization and time management
- Analytical / Critical Thinker, Problem Solver and Resourceful
- Continuous improver-persistent
- Move projects forward simultaneously
- Tolerate and effectively manage stress
- Effective delegation
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to work in a shared-workspace environment
- Stretch and bend to organize and distribute materials for Catalyst Miami activities
- Able to sit at a desk for long periods of time and utilize the computer for extended periods
- Must be able to work flexible hours to accommodate organization needs, including evening and weekends. Out of town travel may be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above describes the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.