Connecting people to shared purpose and place creates a thriving Miami for all.
Miami is a global gateway city poised for greatness, with new youthful and international champions joining long-time residents looking for ways to make Miami better. Catalyst Miami (formerly the Human Services Coalition) wasfounded in 1996 to build a community and economy that benefit all residents. Dynamic and visionary, Catalyst has gained a reputation for collaboration, innovation and inclusion while moving the needle on community concerns: strengthening our middle class, lifting people out of poverty, increasing access to healthcare and other essential services, increasing citizen leadership. Catalyst's formula creates thriving communities.
• Grow leaders: increase health, opportunity and citizen participation
• Strengthen organizations: increase effectiveness and impact
• Improve communities: build a community and economy that work for all.Catalyst partners are vital to success.
• Colleges connect interns and volunteers to Catalyst programs and partners.
• Experts connect nonprofit champions to quality learning opportunities.
• Nonprofits connect to each other and program participants to prevent funding cuts for critical services through the "Pennywise Campaign", to collaborate around improved service delivery and provide health and financial services at area businesses, school and neighborhood centers
• Schools connect caring children, teens and adults to civic leadership classes to teach and mentor them to lead citizen change efforts with "seed grants" to spark positive change.
• Businesses connect to strategic community engagement opportunities that build employee satisfaction and enhance leadership within the company and beyond.